Configuring Windows Deployment Services
After you install the server role, you must configure the server. Once you have used the instructions in this section to configure the server, add a boot image, and an install image, you will be ready to deploy images.
To configure the server role, use the following procedure. Then see the following section to add images to the server.
To configure Windows Deployment Services
- Ensure that you are a Domain Administrator.
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Windows Deployment Services. If there is not a server listed under the Servers node, right-click the Servers node and click Add Server to add the local computer.
- In the left pane of the Windows Deployment Services MMC snap-in, expand the list of servers.
- Right-click the server, and then click Configure Server.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard.When the configuration is completed clear the Add images to Windows Deployment Services now check box and then click Finish.
Now that you have configured the server, you will need to add images.