Installing an install image
After you have at least one boot and one install image on the server, you can deploy an install image. You must meet the following prerequisites for installing an install image
- The client computer must be capable of performing a PXE boot.
- Your user account must be a member of the Domain Users group.
- The client computer must have at least 512 MB of RAM, which is the minimum amount of RAM for using Windows PE.
- The client must meet the system requirements for the operating system of the install image.
To perform a PXE boot on a computer to install an image, use the following procedure.
- Configure the BIOS of the computer to enable PXE booting, and set the boot order so that it is booting from the network first.
- Restart the computer, and when prompted, press F12 to start the network boot.
- Select the appropriate boot image from the boot menu. (This boot image selection menu will be available only if you have two or more boot images on the server.)
- Follow the instructions in the Windows Deployment Services user interface.
- When the installation is completed, the computer will restart and Setup will continue.